The topic: EU after Brexit?
Some talking points:
- With EU GDP set to fall by around 15% soon after the UK leaves, will the EU lose even more economic power in the years to come?
- With German GDP growth set to fall behind inflation (1.7%), what would be the effect of such a weaker powerhouse for the EU’s future?
- With standards of living declining among western EU nations, is it an indication that the EU is too vulnerable to neoliberal economics?
- Is a desire to be more aligned with the US among the EU’s eastern bloc countries, a sign of future breakups in the EU?
First broadcast on Monday 28th January 2019 at 6:30 pm (London time) (GMT)
on AL Mayadeen network
The show is hosted by George Galloway with an audience of experts in London.
Repeated on Tuesday 29th
A production of Narcissi for Al Mayadeen TV
Watch the full debate:
Watch the debate on Almayadeen YouTube:
Watch the trailer:
- Steven Norris – Former Conservative MP, Minister of Transport and Mayor of London candidate.
- Dr Russell Foster – Department of European & International Studies, King’s College London.
- Adam Garrie – Historian, commentator and director of Eurasia Future.
- Cheryl Sanchez – Enthusiast, Activist
For future shows: Book your seat and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Kalima Horra Facebook for regular updates