Why is Julian Assange still being held by the UK during pandemic?
Some Talking Points
- Should Assange be furloughed from Belmarsh prison (his bail under outbreak has already been refused)?
- Why UK refused to bail Julian Assange from prison over the coronavirus outbreak?
- Why UK does not follow other countries’ leads in at least temporarily release political prisoners during the outbreak?
- Why the UK is so keen to keep Julian Assange in jail while he has not committed any crime in the UK?
- Is Assange’s arrest an assault on freedom of information and a potential threat for journalists?