The topic: Justice for Julian Assange: A Test for Western Democracy?
Some talking points:
- Why is the UK refusing to comply with the UN’s Working Group findings stating that Julian Assange should be released?
- Will the disregard of these UN Working Group findings affect the legitimacy of various democratic institutions in the UK?
- Is Assange’s struggle for freedom a sign of growing authoritarianism in the West?
- What is behind the Ecuadorian government’s change of stance on Assange, given that he was permitted refuge 5 years ago?
First broadcast on Monday 11th February 2019 at 7:00 pm (London time) (GMT)
on AL Mayadeen network
The show is hosted by George Galloway with an audience of experts in London.
Repeated on Tuesday 12th
A production of Narcissi for Al Mayadeen TV
Watch the full debate:
Watch the debate on Almayadeen YouTube:
Watch the trailer:
- Vaughn Smith Former army officer and award-winning freelance video journalist. Founder of the Frontline Club, London
- Patrick Christys Radio Presenter and Journalist
- Julian Morrow Researcher and Theorist
- Alexander Nekrassov Former Kremlin and government adviser
- Ciaron O’Reilly Assange supporter and activist
- Sarah Kassim Educator and community leader
- Colin Bex Architect planner, Co-Founder wessex regionlists
- Tony Gratrex Activist and founder of Reading Palestine Solidarity Campaign. Was on board the Gaza Flotilla, 2010
- Cheryl Sanchez Supporter and activist
For future shows: Book your seat and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Kalima Horra Facebook for regular updates